Locations of visitors to this page Bama Girl In SoCal: Life is full of distractions

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Life is full of distractions

My blogging has taken a backseat to my other intrests lately.
I had forgotten how different it is to live with someone. I haven't been able to get on my computer in the last couple of days because my husband always seems to be on it. I know there is a lot to catch up on after being away for 7 months; I'm sure I'd be an internet junkie too.
My house looks like a tornado hit it--clothes, drinks, stuff everywhere! I can hardly remember the clean oasis that I had a mere week ago.
My fridge that was so stocked when he came home is now barren of all edible food and beverage. It's amazing how long I used to go in between grocery visits. No longer!
It's been a week since my husband came home. Despite all the inconveniences of living with someone, I would choose this life over my solitary one any day because of all the benifits.
Some of these benefits include:
  • having someone to cuddle with in bed
  • having someone to talk to over dinner
  • being able to discuss Gilmore Girls without making a phone call to a friend
  • having an excuse to order pizza or eat junk food
  • waking up in the middle of the night from a bad dream and rolling over to see him and feeling safe
  • having someone who actually knows how to hang up a hammock
  • having someone to share said hammock
  • being able to talk about my day at school to someone who always backs me up
  • getting a hug every morning and night and a few times in between
  • hiking with a person instead of just a dog
  • being able to go out to dinner or a baseball game
  • feeling content to just hang out because you are hanging out together

Blogroll Me!