Locations of visitors to this page Bama Girl In SoCal: I've been a bad blogger lately

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I've been a bad blogger lately


I know, I know. I'm letting my blog audience down! Sorry! I've got a few things going on.

First of all, this weekend, I'm moving! Talk about stress! The thought of moving all my possessions across town is scaring the you-know-what out of me!

Secondly, my husband will be coming home in a few weeks, so that is exciting! It adds to my moving stress because I want the new house to be perfect when he arrives!

This past weekend I got the opportunity to talk to my husband on a video teleconference. SBC and the Chargers did this for 11 military families. It was awesome! I got to see him on a little monitor, and he could see me. I wanted to just jerk him right through the screen into my life! It was the best thing that has happened to us during this deployment. We both just sat there and stared at each other for a few moments before we could speak. It was like, is this really happening?

I got this amazing opportunity through the Chargers. They hosted the videoteleconference. The VTC was on Saturday, and then they gave us tickets to the Chargers/Cowboys game on Sunday. Our seats were great--first row on the 40 yard line. We got to go out on the field at halftime and were introduced. They showed a clip of each of us talking to our husbands on the jumbotron. It was such a nice thing to do to honor the military. I felt so grateful!

Here's a pic I took during the game as I was walking onto the field before halftime. Pretty cool vantage point, right?

Blogroll Me!