Locations of visitors to this page Bama Girl In SoCal: I'm dreaming of another long weekend

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I'm dreaming of another long weekend

Labor Day weekend was just what the doctor ordered!
Can't we have Monday off every week?
I had so much fun on Labor Day, thanks to my friend who DD aptly named Goofy Gal Pal. GGP has been bugging one of her guy friends, Captain Big Hands, to take her out on his jet skis forever. So, he finally caved and had a cookout/jetski riding/beach bash on Monday. We all converged on Mission Bay at about noon with a gas grill, 2 jetskis, tons of food, even more beer, cool people, and a game called catchphrase.
We cooked out carnitas, hot dogs, sausages, corn on the cob. We sliced watermelon and drank Bacardi Silver. We rode jetskis and got towed on tubes behind them. We even capped off the day by playing a rowdy game of catchphrase with our lawn chairs in a circle on the grass. As the sun went down over mission bay, we packed up the vehicles and headed home.
For the first time in a long time, I felt like I had used a day wisely. I combined many different good things into one afternoon--relaxation, exercise, meeting new people, trying new foods, playing new games, and getting a tan. It was so fun!

Blogroll Me!