Locations of visitors to this page Bama Girl In SoCal: Went to a Wedding this weekend

Monday, August 22, 2005

Went to a Wedding this weekend

On Saturday I went to a wedding of a friend here in San Diego. They got married in a church and then had the reception on a boat out on the bay. It was very nice.

Ok, here's the interesting part. My husband is out of town. (he's been out of town for a while--maybe you can guess his occupation) I only know the bride and groom and the matron of honor. The matron of honor cancels at the last minute b/c of a family emergency. I still went to the wedding BY MYSELF.

Alright, this is a big deal for me. This is brave! I went to a wedding where I didn't know anyone but the busiest people in the room, and I survived. I didn't just survive, I thrived! I picked out the coolest group there, and I just went up and made myself at home. I ended up hanging out with these 2 couples all night. They totally adopted me. We even exchanged numbers at the end of the night.

I'm really proud of myself. I'm usually the type who doesn't go outside my comfort zone. I won't even go to Taco Tuesday to meet up with people by myself. So, I'm proud of my bravery. It taught me a good lesson. I can make cool new friends if I take a step outside of comfy.

Blogroll Me!