Locations of visitors to this page Bama Girl In SoCal: I have to choose to love

Saturday, September 03, 2005

I have to choose to love

I have turned my TV off. I can't watch it anymore. I don't want to hear how bad it is when there is nothing I can do. I donated money to the Red Cross. I'm in southern California. There is nothing else for me to do.

Even with my TV off, snippets of news get to me. I hear it from a friend who is watching news coverage. I read it on my yahoo home page. I get furious! I am mad at ignorant comments made by Kanye West. I am mad that people are too busy blaming and not busy enough helping. I am mad that police and national guard helicoptors are getting shot.

I choose love. I choose to look at those people with love. I can't be angry--it won't help. "Beloved, let us love one another for love is of God and anyone who loveth is born of God and knoweth God. He who loveth not, knoweth not God, for God is love. So beloved, let us love one another." 1 John 4:7-8

Blogroll Me!