Locations of visitors to this page Bama Girl In SoCal: Feeling Sorry for Myself

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Feeling Sorry for Myself

It's Thanksgiving week, and yet again, I won't be spending it with family. Sadly, my husband and I couldn't get home again this year because the flights were just too expensive. I have the whole week off from school, but he only gets Thursday and Friday off. So, it made no sense to spend $1200 to go home for 3 days.

I've pretty much decided not to cook. I'm just going to treat it like any other day (and that means we will eat frozen pizza unless my husband decides to cook.) I would love to be one of those Donna Reed types who would whip up a ten course meal even though it's just the two of us. My husband and I have never eaten off our fine china, and we've been married for 3 years. I'm just not domestic. I never manage to cook a square meal. It's a big deal around here if I cook spaghetti. Really, I can't even remember the last time I made that.

I could probably win awards for being the worst homemaker ever. The weird thing is that I grew up helping my mom in the kitchen. When I'm home in her kitchen, I love to cook. I think what I miss is having someone around to talk to while whipping up a fantastic meal. If I had a big family, I would love spending all day in the kitchen.

So, it's a sad thanksgiving at our house this year. Don't take family for granted! When you move far away and can't get home to see them, you will really miss it! Give yours a hug for me!

Blogroll Me!