Locations of visitors to this page Bama Girl In SoCal: One of Those Weekends

Sunday, July 17, 2005

One of Those Weekends


Last weekend I had 2 fun college friends in town to visit. The weekend before that I was out of town, visiting friends and family. This weekend.....nada.
Why do weekends like that make me feel bad about myself? Is that a left-over-from-college anxiety? I remember in college I would never go to the Cafeteria (we called it "the caf") by myself. I would die before I had an opening in my social calendar on a Friday or Saturday night. I didn't even like to study solo. I was always surrounded by a gaggle of girls. That's the best thing about living in a sorority house!
So, why does this still haunt me? I'm always telling my husband that it isn't ok to just spend a quiet evening at home on a Saturday night. We must have PLANS. By plans, I mean we need to be going somewhere cool to eat or hanging out with some fun people or doing something else more exciting than staying home and surfing the net on our respective computers. (I know that sounds geeky, but that is what we do--he's in one room on his laptop, and I'm in another on my desktop.)

So, my husband is out of town. My good friend who I always hang out with is out of town. I am doing nothing. At least I have my dog.

Here's what I did today--
woke up at 10am, thought about going to church solo and nixed that idea, piddled around while watching the marathon of Laguna Beach on MTV (yes, I love that show), took Bella (my cute dog) for a walk at noon (bad idea for Bella--she got a little overheated trying to keep up with the rabbits in the canyon), while I was already sweaty I went to the gym and ran on treadmill, then went swimming (laps) for a while. Then I came home and did laundry. Am I the queen of boring or what?
Does anyone else out there have trouble with alone time? What do you do to combat boredom?

Blogroll Me!